Skip to main content

Recipe of the Week: Gluten Free Banana Pancakes

Gluten free banana pancakes

I was going to wait until pancake day to write about these, but after eating them this morning I couldn't wait to share them. My friend Amb showed me these pancakes a few years ago and they are so easy and delicious and the perfect way to start the day. 

Serves 2
Ingredients:
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- cinnamon or mixed spice
- whatever toppings you want (e.g blueberries, yoghurt, maple syrup)

Method:
- Mush the banana in a bowl. 
- Add in the egg and mix into a smooth texture.
- Add in a pinch of the cinnamon and stir.
- heat up a pan with butter or coconut oil and use a large spoon to dollop some of the mixture in. You don't want these dollops to be too big- think the size of drop scones. 
- let them fry for a couple minutes on each side before transferring to a plate. 
- Top with whatever you like, I find they really work with other fruits like frozen berries or extra banana
- Serve!

That's literally all there is to it. These are a healthy alternative to the glutenous traditional pancake and would make a great addition to pancake day. They're made of simple house hold ingredients and are a great way to get children to eat some fruit along with tasting really yummy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Cheese Shops Every Cheese-a-holic should head to

As someone who is obsessed with cheese I have spent a fair amount of time sussing out London's most fabulous cheese mongers. There are so many to bring up, but I thought I would go with the five that I return to most frequently. So at number 1: Paxton and Whitfield. Dating back to the 1700s, Paxton and Whitfield is London's oldest cheese shop and stocks amazing cheeses from around the world. I come here annually to buy cheese for Christmas day, and I am unashamed to admit it's probably one of my favorite expeditions of the year. They serve something for everyone from creamy goats cheese to smack you in the face blues. The range is extensive and the staff are happy to help you pick the perfect cheeses to match your pallet and the occasion. Number 2: La Fromagerie. Based in Highbury and Mayfair this cheese shop holds an authentic feel and is the first experience I'd had of a cheese shop. I go to the one in Highbury and Islington as it's local to me and I never...

Funemployed not so fun?

When I first moved back to London after uni I was on Cloud 9. I felt like the world was my oyster and I was going to fall into my dream job by September latest. Well it's now October and the realities of graduate life have hit home. It's not that I was necessarily arrogant, but more so ignorant. I was living in a bubble of uni life where my parents, extended family and all of their friends would praise me for studying at university and I didn't anticipate that once my graduation ceremony was out of the way, I was just an unemployed person doing very little. I've spent months applying for so many dream jobs, applying for rubbish jobs, random jobs, looking to sack it all off and move abroad for a bit and feeling too emotionally exhausted to apply for any jobs and diverting all conversations in that region to something else, or about someone else. You can see my emotional rut. At the start of summer people would ask me what it is I want to do and I would be bursting...

Flat Iron Review

Flat Iron, where to begin? I've heard so much about this restaurant and been meaning to go for a while. I tried once but they said it was going to be a two hour wait and my hunger couldn't hack it. Luckily this time I went around 1.30 with my mum and we were told the wait was only 20 minutes and I couldn't say no to that. Upon arrival the staff take you to your table, stopping off at the popcorn machine to give you some free beef dripping and thyme popcorn. Personally, popcorn has never really been my thing but this was just what I fancied and was the perfect introduction to the beautiful beef that was about to grace our table. In terms of gluten free, most of the menu is gluten free and the staff simply crossed out what I couldn't eat, making it a really clear and an easy ordering process. I went for the medium rare flat iron steak with bernaise sauce, beef dripping chips and creamed spinach. The meat was melt in the mouth and you're given a cleaver to cut i...