Skip to main content

My Favorite Burger in London

It was only a matter of time before I wrote a full review of my favorite burger in London: Honest Burger.
 If you're close to me then you're fully aware of how much I bang on about this place. Yes it's a chain but that doesn't make it any less special and I love that you can find these gems dotted about London. My favorite branch is the Kings Cross one as it's near to me and the waiters are an absolute hoot.

Expect to find amazing melt in the mouth beef that's cooked to medium perfection. My favorite burger they do is the classic beef with blue cheese and of course a gluten free bun. The gluten free bun doesn't fall apart (already a great sign) and actually tastes like a normal bun. For £1 extra, it's worth it.

So as I said this is my staple choice, however they have much more on the menu that boasts deliciousness. The Honest burger itself is incredible, it's got red onion, cheddar, bacon, pickled cucumber and lettuce. Previously I've swapped the cheddar for American cheese and it's made it oh so creamy.

They also have frequent specials that come and go. Recently they had a guacamole special (that's right, guacamole) which came with bacon, american cheese and harissa mayo- it was quite something.

All the burgers come with chips which is great because who doesn't want chips with their burger? I hate when restaurants charge you extra for chips, it's just greedy. But at this place you can expect a full portion of rosemary salted chips and they go perfectly well with every burger.

I'd also recommend getting the chicken wings as a side, all the sides are gluten free, and the chicken wings are particularly good. They're spicy, succulent and so indulgent; they make an excellent side to the main meal.

You're in safe hands with Honest Burger and I literally can't wait to go again. Go and give it a taste, it's affordable and they do Sunday and Monday deals if you wanna save some dosh. And that's it: my favorite burger in London.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Cheese Shops Every Cheese-a-holic should head to

As someone who is obsessed with cheese I have spent a fair amount of time sussing out London's most fabulous cheese mongers. There are so many to bring up, but I thought I would go with the five that I return to most frequently. So at number 1: Paxton and Whitfield. Dating back to the 1700s, Paxton and Whitfield is London's oldest cheese shop and stocks amazing cheeses from around the world. I come here annually to buy cheese for Christmas day, and I am unashamed to admit it's probably one of my favorite expeditions of the year. They serve something for everyone from creamy goats cheese to smack you in the face blues. The range is extensive and the staff are happy to help you pick the perfect cheeses to match your pallet and the occasion. Number 2: La Fromagerie. Based in Highbury and Mayfair this cheese shop holds an authentic feel and is the first experience I'd had of a cheese shop. I go to the one in Highbury and Islington as it's local to me and I never...

Funemployed not so fun?

When I first moved back to London after uni I was on Cloud 9. I felt like the world was my oyster and I was going to fall into my dream job by September latest. Well it's now October and the realities of graduate life have hit home. It's not that I was necessarily arrogant, but more so ignorant. I was living in a bubble of uni life where my parents, extended family and all of their friends would praise me for studying at university and I didn't anticipate that once my graduation ceremony was out of the way, I was just an unemployed person doing very little. I've spent months applying for so many dream jobs, applying for rubbish jobs, random jobs, looking to sack it all off and move abroad for a bit and feeling too emotionally exhausted to apply for any jobs and diverting all conversations in that region to something else, or about someone else. You can see my emotional rut. At the start of summer people would ask me what it is I want to do and I would be bursting...

Flat Iron Review

Flat Iron, where to begin? I've heard so much about this restaurant and been meaning to go for a while. I tried once but they said it was going to be a two hour wait and my hunger couldn't hack it. Luckily this time I went around 1.30 with my mum and we were told the wait was only 20 minutes and I couldn't say no to that. Upon arrival the staff take you to your table, stopping off at the popcorn machine to give you some free beef dripping and thyme popcorn. Personally, popcorn has never really been my thing but this was just what I fancied and was the perfect introduction to the beautiful beef that was about to grace our table. In terms of gluten free, most of the menu is gluten free and the staff simply crossed out what I couldn't eat, making it a really clear and an easy ordering process. I went for the medium rare flat iron steak with bernaise sauce, beef dripping chips and creamed spinach. The meat was melt in the mouth and you're given a cleaver to cut i...