Skip to main content

London

London means a lot of things to me.

It's where I grew up Hornsey
It's where I am now Hornsey
It's where I want to live in the future North London

It's where I've found some of the most amazing people All over
It's where I've found some of the worst people All over

It's where the majority of my friends are Haringey, Tottenham, Bethnal Green, Muswell Hill, Newcross, Hackney etc...  
It's where people are always moving to All over

It's where my favorite photography gallery is Oxford Circus
It's where my favorite museums are Bloomsbury and Kensington
It's where my favorite art is Grafton Street and the Tate Modern

It's where I have so much more to explore South London
It's where I know best Green Lanes, Finsbury Park, Islington, Moorgate, Bloomsbury, Fitzrovia etc... 
It's where my favorite green spaces are Ally Pally, Regents Park, Primrose Hill 
It's where my favorite food is Kings Cross, Shoreditch, Islington, Green Lanes etc...

It's where I've found love Muswell Hill
It's where I might find love again All over 
It's where I've dated Southbank, Green Lanes, Kings Cross, Kennington, Brick Lane etc... 

It's where my families history is Bow, Brick Lane, Maida Vale 
It's where I'll make my own history All over 

It's where I've been happiest All over 
It's where I've found opportunity All over 
It's where I've learnt the most All over 
It's where my future is All over 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Cheese Shops Every Cheese-a-holic should head to

As someone who is obsessed with cheese I have spent a fair amount of time sussing out London's most fabulous cheese mongers. There are so many to bring up, but I thought I would go with the five that I return to most frequently. So at number 1: Paxton and Whitfield. Dating back to the 1700s, Paxton and Whitfield is London's oldest cheese shop and stocks amazing cheeses from around the world. I come here annually to buy cheese for Christmas day, and I am unashamed to admit it's probably one of my favorite expeditions of the year. They serve something for everyone from creamy goats cheese to smack you in the face blues. The range is extensive and the staff are happy to help you pick the perfect cheeses to match your pallet and the occasion. Number 2: La Fromagerie. Based in Highbury and Mayfair this cheese shop holds an authentic feel and is the first experience I'd had of a cheese shop. I go to the one in Highbury and Islington as it's local to me and I never...

Funemployed not so fun?

When I first moved back to London after uni I was on Cloud 9. I felt like the world was my oyster and I was going to fall into my dream job by September latest. Well it's now October and the realities of graduate life have hit home. It's not that I was necessarily arrogant, but more so ignorant. I was living in a bubble of uni life where my parents, extended family and all of their friends would praise me for studying at university and I didn't anticipate that once my graduation ceremony was out of the way, I was just an unemployed person doing very little. I've spent months applying for so many dream jobs, applying for rubbish jobs, random jobs, looking to sack it all off and move abroad for a bit and feeling too emotionally exhausted to apply for any jobs and diverting all conversations in that region to something else, or about someone else. You can see my emotional rut. At the start of summer people would ask me what it is I want to do and I would be bursting...

Flat Iron Review

Flat Iron, where to begin? I've heard so much about this restaurant and been meaning to go for a while. I tried once but they said it was going to be a two hour wait and my hunger couldn't hack it. Luckily this time I went around 1.30 with my mum and we were told the wait was only 20 minutes and I couldn't say no to that. Upon arrival the staff take you to your table, stopping off at the popcorn machine to give you some free beef dripping and thyme popcorn. Personally, popcorn has never really been my thing but this was just what I fancied and was the perfect introduction to the beautiful beef that was about to grace our table. In terms of gluten free, most of the menu is gluten free and the staff simply crossed out what I couldn't eat, making it a really clear and an easy ordering process. I went for the medium rare flat iron steak with bernaise sauce, beef dripping chips and creamed spinach. The meat was melt in the mouth and you're given a cleaver to cut i...