Skip to main content

Boozy Christmas Truffles

Boozy Christmas truffles

These simple boozy truffles pack a punch and are perfect for the Christmas season. A friend suggested I make them as presents for people so I trolled through the internet looking for the perfect recipe however none caught my eye so I've devised my own. 

The Ingredients are:
- one pack of dark chocolate
- one pack of milk chocolate
- one pack of cream cheeese
- one heaped table spoon of icing sugar
- vanilla essence
- whatever booze you want to use (I went for apricot brandy but baileys, prosecco and rum are more traditional choices)
- whatever garnish you like (I used a crushed up crunchy bar but coconut, flaked almonds or white chocolate would work too)

Method: 
- Start by breaking about half of each chocolate packet into pieces and put in a plastic bowl. Put on top of some boiling water and let it melt in the bowl over the stove- don't forget to stir it and keep a close eye on it.
- While the chocolate is melting beat your cream cheese in a bowl so that it loosens up and looks a bit more like whipped cream. Mix in the icing sugar and taste to see if it needs any more. 
- By this point your chocolate should be melted. Stir it into the cream cheese sugar mix so that it is a consistent colour and smoothness. 
- I just chucked in a big glug of brandy and a small glug of vanilla essence and added more to taste. Maybe don't throw in as much booze as I did because it will be very strong..
- Either pop in the fridge for about an hour then shape into round balls or shape into balls and then pop in the fridge. I did the latter, it gets very messy but means the shaping is out the way. 
- Finally, melt the last of the chocolate, dip the set truffles into it for a lovely sheen and sprinkle your crushed crunchy or whatever you're using over the top. 

And that's it! They're a simple crowd pleaser with the indulgence of chocolate and warmth of booze- perfect for Christmas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Cheese Shops Every Cheese-a-holic should head to

As someone who is obsessed with cheese I have spent a fair amount of time sussing out London's most fabulous cheese mongers. There are so many to bring up, but I thought I would go with the five that I return to most frequently. So at number 1: Paxton and Whitfield. Dating back to the 1700s, Paxton and Whitfield is London's oldest cheese shop and stocks amazing cheeses from around the world. I come here annually to buy cheese for Christmas day, and I am unashamed to admit it's probably one of my favorite expeditions of the year. They serve something for everyone from creamy goats cheese to smack you in the face blues. The range is extensive and the staff are happy to help you pick the perfect cheeses to match your pallet and the occasion. Number 2: La Fromagerie. Based in Highbury and Mayfair this cheese shop holds an authentic feel and is the first experience I'd had of a cheese shop. I go to the one in Highbury and Islington as it's local to me and I never...

Funemployed not so fun?

When I first moved back to London after uni I was on Cloud 9. I felt like the world was my oyster and I was going to fall into my dream job by September latest. Well it's now October and the realities of graduate life have hit home. It's not that I was necessarily arrogant, but more so ignorant. I was living in a bubble of uni life where my parents, extended family and all of their friends would praise me for studying at university and I didn't anticipate that once my graduation ceremony was out of the way, I was just an unemployed person doing very little. I've spent months applying for so many dream jobs, applying for rubbish jobs, random jobs, looking to sack it all off and move abroad for a bit and feeling too emotionally exhausted to apply for any jobs and diverting all conversations in that region to something else, or about someone else. You can see my emotional rut. At the start of summer people would ask me what it is I want to do and I would be bursting...

Flat Iron Review

Flat Iron, where to begin? I've heard so much about this restaurant and been meaning to go for a while. I tried once but they said it was going to be a two hour wait and my hunger couldn't hack it. Luckily this time I went around 1.30 with my mum and we were told the wait was only 20 minutes and I couldn't say no to that. Upon arrival the staff take you to your table, stopping off at the popcorn machine to give you some free beef dripping and thyme popcorn. Personally, popcorn has never really been my thing but this was just what I fancied and was the perfect introduction to the beautiful beef that was about to grace our table. In terms of gluten free, most of the menu is gluten free and the staff simply crossed out what I couldn't eat, making it a really clear and an easy ordering process. I went for the medium rare flat iron steak with bernaise sauce, beef dripping chips and creamed spinach. The meat was melt in the mouth and you're given a cleaver to cut i...